The Kent office of Brumley Law Firm PLLC is in search of a Part Time Accounts Payable Clerk with two or more years of experience. Qualified candidates should have high volume A/P experience, ability to work within a fast paced environment, and require minimal supervision. We are currently looking for someone who can accommodate a 20-25 hour work week in office during initial training with the potential of a mix of in office (as needed) and remote work. The Finance Director works completely remotely and can accommodate a direct report working remotely as long as we find the correct candidate to work alongside office staff. Depending on the candidate, this could turn into a full time position with benefits.
Supervisor: You will report directly to the Finance Director to assist the in-office Operations Manager and her staff in closing cases.
- Work with the Operations manager and case managers to produce accurate settlement memos for our clients.
- Receive and track all settlements to the firm
- Track firm payments and expenses for settlement memos by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Paying vendors and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit
- Responding to all vendor inquiries and customer inquiries as needed (in tandem with the appropriate case manager)
- Close out cases in CasePeer once payments to the vendor and client have all been completed
- Assist the Finance Director in weekly close out
- Continuing to improve the payment process
What You Bring:
- 3 or more years experience in Accounts Payable in a professional services environment
- Experience with CasePeer a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Prior law firm experience a plus
- Prior vendor relations and quickbooks experience a requirement
Benefits Perks of Being with Us:
- Flexibility around a semi-remote schedule after initial training period and approval.
- Inclusive Environment where a majority of our staff is female and POC
- Regular office parties and appreciation
- Access to a 401k program
- Tiered PTO commensurate with tenure
- Depending on growth, this may turn into a full time position with Comprehensive Employer Shared Benefits
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $26.00 – $30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 15 – 25 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kent, WA 98032